David V. Dzara
David V. Dzara is an experienced business litigator, counselor, and adviser who has helped numerous clients with complex legal matters that impact their profitability, business operations, civil rights, and personal wealth. He focuses his practice on commercial litigation, employment litigation and counseling, administrative proceedings, and business counseling.
Mr. Dzara has successfully handled numerous matters on behalf of businesses and individuals involving breach of contract; breach of fiduciary duty; business torts; defamation; advancement of legal expenses for corporate officers; claims of employment discrimination and retaliation; restrictive covenants in employment agreements; confidentiality agreements; misappropriation of trade secrets; and estate matters, among others.
Prior to joining Weir & Partners in 2019, Mr. Dzara practiced for six years at Steve Harvey Law LLC and six years at Pepper Hamilton LLP. At the start of his career, Mr. Dzara clerked for one year for the Honorable Jerome O. Herlihy of the Superior Court of the State of Delaware. Subsequently, he clerked for three years for the Honorable Ronald D. Castille of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, serving as assistant chief staff attorney during the third year of his clerkship.
Mr. Dzara maintains an active pro bono practice representing abused and neglected children in dependency court for the nonprofit Support Center for Child Advocates. He has served on the Support Center’s Board of Directors since 2016, is active in its fundraising efforts, and currently serves as the chair of the Governance and Leadership Committee.
In his community, Mr. Dzara has served on the Board of Directors for the Jordan Estate Homeowners Association since 2012, and currently serves as the association’s vice president and treasurer.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- B.A., University of Delaware, magna cum laude
- J.D., Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Temple American Inn of Court
- Ryu v. Hope Bancorp, Inc., 2019 WL 6173716 (S.D.N.Y. Nov. 19, 2019)
- Bank of Hope v. Chon, 938 F.3d 389 (3d Cir. 2019)
- Antoniak v. Armstrong, 2019 WL 142352 (E.D. Pa. Jan. 8, 2019)
- Doe v. Bank of America, 2018 WL 5005004 (D.N.J. Oct. 15, 2018)
- Babul v. Relmada Therapeutics, Inc., 2018 WL 994217 (E.D. Pa. Feb. 21, 2018)
- Doe v. Bank of America, 2018 WL 295565 (D.N.J. Jan. 3, 2018)
- Bank of Hope v. Chon, 2017 WL 39554 (D.N.J. Jan. 4, 2017)
- Babul v. Relmada Therapeutics, Inc., 2016 WL 233699 (E.D. Pa. Jan. 20, 2016)