Kenneth E. Aaron
Retired status in Pa
Mr. Aaron’s bankruptcy practice is national in scope and concentrates on creditor’s rights, insolvency and bankruptcy law with a focus on real estate, partnership, environmental issues and insurance brokerage. He represents major secured lenders and financing institutions in substantial bankruptcy matters with regard to hotels, office buildings, healthcare, and retail and manufacturing establishments. Mr. Aaron also has represented debtors, official unsecured creditors committees, and trustees in both Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, Indiana, Texas, West Virginia and Kentucky. He has successfully defended and prosecuted involuntary bankruptcy petitions.
Mr. Aaron is experienced in state court foreclosure proceedings and forbearance agreements. He has handle workout matters for numerous high worth individuals, as well as personal Chapter 11 cases. Title insurance issue and claims are also areas in which he has a substantial practice.
In addition, Mr. Aaron has extensive expertise in land use and zoning issues. He served on the Lower Merion Township Zoning Board for 18 years and, before that, he served 7 years on the Planning Commissions of Lower Merion and Haverford Townships. While representing developers he has handled zoning appeals, re-zoning applications, historical classification hearings, conditional use applications and preliminary plans hearings. He has also represented community groups in opposing zoning and land use matters. He was recently recognized by ALM as a “2013 Top Rated Lawyer in ‘Land Use and Zoning.’”
With his extensive experience in evaluation and investigation of business transactions, Mr. Aaron is responsible for the firm’s growing practice in the area of corporate governance and compliance investigations. He has headed up investigations of shareholder demands and responded to derivative complaints against corporate boards of directors. He has represented members in the dissolution of Delaware entities and financial institutions in fiduciary account matters. As a member of the Delaware Bar he has handled matters before the highly regarded Delaware Chancery Court.
Mr. Aaron is the partner in charge of the firm’s Delaware office.
Areas of Practice
- Delaware (Emeritus)
- Florida (Former)
- The Rights of the Oversecured Creditor to Default Interest and Late Payment Premiums in a Solvent SARE Caselink opens in a new tab, American Bankruptcy Institute, ABI Committee News, August 2012.
- River East Plaza LLC II: The Collision of the § 1111(B) Election with Indubitable Equivalencylink opens in a new tab, American Bankruptcy Institute, Real Estate Committee, March 2012.
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania, Law School
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court