Richard P. Coe Jr.
Mr. Coe’s practice is focused on construction law, commercial litigation, condominium law and general civil litigation.
Since 1987, Mr. Coe has represented individuals, corporations, partnerships and community associations in a wide spectrum of legal matters such as construction contracts and disputes, consumer fraud litigation, business formation and dissolution, creditors’ rights, lender liability and many more.
Mr. Coe’s standard of excellence has earned him the “BV Distinguished” Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating, a “Top Rated Lawyer” in Construction Law by Martindale–Hubbell, a “Best Lawyers” award in the fields of construction and real estate law and a “Best Lawyer” distinction by South Jersey Magazine. He also is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America.
His professional activities include service as Co-Chair, Damages Sub-Committee of the Construction Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation. He co-authored “Expert Use in Claims of Construction Defects and Code Violations,” and authored “In Re: Lemon Law” for Delaware Valley Counselor. He has served as a speaker at continuing education courses for the American Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar Association and the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
Mr. Coe has devoted over 25 years of continuous service to his community. He served two terms as a Member of Council for Monroe Township, New Jersey, including service as President of Council and Ordinance Committee Chair. He also was the Township’s liaison to the Municipal Utilities Authority, Parks and Recreation Commission, Historical Society, Environmental Commission, Planning Board and Municipal Alliance Commission. Mr. Coe has also served as Chair and Vice-Chair of the Great Egg Harbor National Scenic and Recreational River Council, a unit of the National Park Service.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Special Counsel, City of Newark Housing Authority 1997-2003
- Solicitor, Monroe Township Zoning Board 2017 – Present
- B.A., Villanova University, Magna Cum Laude
- J.D., Villanova University; Member of the Villanova Law Review
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association