Michael P. Broadhurst
Mike Broadhurst is a highly effective and versatile attorney with a successful track record of resolving an array of business risks. Mike is skilled in identifying practical outcomes while managing the litigation process to efficiently achieve client objectives. Mike has extensive experience in business disputes, real estate related litigation, and professional malpractice claims. Mike prosecutes and defends trade secret, restrictive covenant, employment discrimination, and contract claims in multiple industries.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – New Jersey
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- B.A. Georgetown University
- M.G.A. University of Pennsylvania, Fels Center of Government
- J.D. Temple University School of Law
- Distinguished Child Advocate, Support Center for Child Advocates – 2017
- Edwin P. Rome Pro Bono Achievement Award – 2005
- “Lawyer on the Fast Track,” Philadelphia Legal Intelligencer – 2002
- Child Advocate, Support Center for Child Advocates (2003–present)
- Member, Board of Directors, AbbeyFest Ministries, Inc. (2015-present) (Chair, 2015–2018)
- Member, Tredyffrin Township Committee (2006-2014 (Chair, 2010-2014))
- Member, Tredyffrin Township Planning Commission (2009–2012)
- Member, Tredyffrin Libraries Board of Trustees (Vice President) (2006–2009)
- Member, Haverford Township Free Library Board of Trustees (2001–2003)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Prosecuted multiple actions for trade secret misappropriation, breach of post-employment covenants, and unfair competition on behalf of medical device manufacturers against former employees and competing businesses securing injunctive relief and over $35 million in damages.
- Investigated, defended, and resolved numerous employment discrimination claims on behalf of employers in multiple industries.
- Successfully defended former executives against claims for breach of employment contracts, defamation, and fraud.
Challenged taking of prime real estate by local government and secured $12.9 million in compensation to estate.
Defended national accounting firm in a tax malpractice claim, defeated all claims and secured $900,000 in fees.
Defended auto auction on claims for breach of long-term lease based on alleged financial covenant violations preserving a critical site for company operations.
- Coordinated defense of federal enforcement actions, class actions, and individual suits for violation of consumer protection statutes on behalf of a national advertiser.
- Defended real estate investment trust in action for breach of warranty, fraud by purchaser of large commercial office buildings.
- Defeated federal civil rights claims arising from failed development securing change in Third Circuit precedent governing civil claims in the land use context.