Susan Verbonitz is a business lawyer with over 30 years of experience of solving complex commercial and contract disputes, business torts and real estate matters. Susan is recognized by her peers for excellence in the law of check fraud and negotiable instruments and commercial transactions.
Susan represents and counsels lending institutions and private companies of all sizes in a wide variety of commercial litigation and business matters. She has defended and resolved a variety of significant cases and class actions against banks and private finance companies involving claims arising from both commercial transactions and consumer financing. As part of her commercial practice, Susan represents banks, companies and individuals in matters involving the purchase and sale of real property and businesses, on behalf of buyers and sellers.
In addition to litigation in state and federal courts, Susan’s practice areas cover appellate courts, ADR forums and various state and local agencies.
Susan has lectured for the Philadelphia Bar Association on litigation and courtroom practices and serves as a Master in the Temple American Inn of Court and its mentoring program.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- B.A., King’s College
- J.D., Temple University
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Corporate, Banking and Business Law Sections
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Temple American Inn of Court – Master