Walter Weir, Jr.
Walter Weir, Jr., Esquire is the founder and name partner at Weir Greenblatt Pierce LLP (formerly Weir & Partners LLP) and has more than 44 years of experience as a preeminent advocate in business, banking and commercial law. His client list includes most major financial institutions in the Philadelphia region.
Mr. Weir has been trial counsel in state and federal courts in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Florida and the District of Columbia. Among his many notable victories is his representation of CoreStates Bank as trial counsel in which a Philadelphia Jury awarded the plaintiff $352.8 million in direct, consequential and punitive damages, which was reversed on appeal by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court with judgment being entered in CoreStates’ favor dismissing all of plaintiff’s claims. Mr. Weir has successfully argued cases before the Pennsylvania Superior Court, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the Connecticut Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Weir has nine bar admissions including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and the District of Columbia, four federal district courts, the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Weir is widely recognized by his peers for unparalleled excellence as an advisor and advocate.
He is the recipient of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association Trial Advocacy Award, and named among the top five percent of “Super Lawyers” in Pennsylvania every year since 2004. He holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has consistently maintained a listing in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers since 1999.
Areas of Practice
- B.A. Temple University
- J.D. Temple University Beasley School of Law
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association Trial Advocacy Award
- Listed in Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers since 1999
- Pennsylvania “Super Lawyerlink opens in a new tab” since 2004
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Served for four years as a Master in the Temple American Inn of Court.
- Conducts seminars for financial institutions on lending practices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Lecturer at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on the law of bankruptcy, debt collection, lender liability, and general lending practices
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Supreme Court